Appreciative Inquiry (#65)
Lift everyone's spirit with positive questions
This is a round-based activity. In each round you ask the team a question, they write down their answers (gives everyone time to think) and then read them out to the others.
Questions proposed for Software Development teams:
- When was the last time you were really engaged / animated / productive? What did you do? What had happened? How did it feel?
- From an application-/code-perspective: What is the awesomest stuff you've built together? What makes it great?
- Of the things you built for this company, which has the most value? Why?
- When did you work best with the Product Owner? What was good about it?
- When was your collaboration best?
- What was your most valuable contribution to the developer community (of this company)? How did you do it?
- Leave your modesty at the door: What is the most valuable skill / character trait you contribute to the team? Examples?
- What is your team's most important trait? What sets you apart?
('Remember the Future' (#37) works well as the next step.)