Movie Critic (#110)
Imagine your last iteration was a movie and write a review about it
Introduce the activity by asking: Imagine your last iteration was a movie and you had to write a review:
- What was the genre of the movie (e.g. horror, drama, ...)?
- What was the (central) theme? Describe in 2-3 words.
- Was there a big twist (e.g. a bad guy)?
- What was the ending like (e.g. happy-end, cliffhanger) and did you expect it?
- What was your personal highlight?
- Would you recommend it to a colleague?Give each team member a piece of paper and 5 minutes to silently ponder the questions. In the meantime (or before the session) divide a flip chart in 7 columns headed with 'Genre', 'Theme', 'Twist', 'Ending', 'Expected?', 'Highlight', 'Recommend?'. When everyone has finished writing, fill out the flip chart while each participant reads out their notes.
Afterwards look at the finished table and lead a discussion about
- What's standing out?
- What patterns do you see? What do they mean for you as a team?
- Suggestions on how to continue?